Last week was Zachy Zach's 2nd birthday. A week before his birthday we took him to McCormick Railroad Park in Scottsdale for pictures. Zach's absolute favorite thing right now is trains. His favorite show is probably Thomas The Train and he has several trains he likes to play with. The cutest thing he ever does is when he's sitting there saying "Choo Choo, Choo Choo". It almost makes up for all the terror and destruction caused by this little man.
Last week we took off for a short vacation to Riverside to be with family for Zach's birthday. After me taking over on the cake last year Natalie decided she wants it to be a tradition that I make his cake. We were originally going to go to Knott's so I was going to do a Snoopy cake but we changed our plans and I did a train wreck instead. The cake came out alright, but it kinda looks like a 5 year old made it. My frosting was alright this year but not as good as last year since this year I used shortening instead of bright white. Lesson learned, use the bright white.
After Zach's party we went out for dinner at a Hibachi grill. I had gone 3 weeks without a drink and was craving a Sapporo. There's been some crazy talk that I like to showboat while I'm having a drink which isn't the case. I hide my stuff in the room, mix up a rum n coke, and drink discretely. But I wanted a Sapporo and there's nothing discrete about a big bottle of beer in my hand so I told my sister to find a Japanese restaurant where I can drink openly and no one can say anything. It was probably the best hibachi grill I have been to. The meat was good, the rice was the best I've ever had, and food always goes down better with a Sapporo.
So now that Zach's two what's going on with Zach.
- He's finally talking. Still months behind his sister but a lot of improvement this month. He's even using 4-5 word sentences although half the time it's like trying to understand a cab driver. His newest word is batteries.
- Zach is finally sleeping in his own room. He does wake up 3-5 times a night, screams bloody murder, and comes running to our room.
- Zach's belly is a bottomless pit. It probably ends near China. Adri was tough to get to eat. Zach is like me. He inhales his food.
- Zach knows most of his body parts now but for a week he kept pointing at his feet and laughing when I asked him where his lips were. I know he knew where they were but he thought it was hilarious to tell me they are his feet for some reason.
- Zach does the funniest duck lip face ever. Why? I have no idea. He just randomly does it.
- Zach thinks he's too cool for school when he walks around with his hands in his pockets.
- Zach locks himself in the pantry looking for food. He says "Nummies" in an extra high tone with a lot of excitement.
- Zach loves bath time, having his hair blow dried (what Dominican doesn't), and keys. Last night was his most epic tantrum ever. 45 minutes of him throwing himself around. Natalie gave him a bath and he wouldn't calm down. So I tried the blow dryer. That didn't work either. Then I tried a Shirley Temple and he pushed it away. Finally I showed him my car keys and he shut up. I never let him have my keys, he has his own, but he is always trying to get mine. Well last night they shut him up but he wouldn't take them. He just got quiet and stared at them.
- Zach is a very clingy little man. Too the point where it can sometimes drive us insane. It's fine if he wants to cuddle on the couch but he loves to be walked around all the time. Pointing at things instead of telling us what he wants. Natalie went out of town this last weekend and for an hour before bed he kept saying "Mommies".
- Zach loves to point at the garage door. When we don't take him out there the waterworks start. I have no idea what his fascination is with the garage.
- Zach loves watching the pictures on the digital frame and saying who is on them.
- Last week Zach kept taking off his diaper. Natalie didn't get the clue until after Zach peed all over the floor.
In California. They should use this video as birth control.
The morning before Zach's party I hiked up Lakeside with my sister. I always tell people how hard some of the hikes I do are and they think I am exaggerating. Well my sister is down there where the road splits sucking on her inhaler. She did eventually make it to the top.
Zachy Zach and his cake.
We tried watching a movie and Zach was being a terror. My Dad took him for a walk and calmed him down then played blocks with him.